This is the official UCheck Documentation, a Software updates manager which can be downloaded here. The documentation is a basic walk-through, summarizing the features available in the software.
SCAN FOR UPDATES
- On the dashboard, click the “Start” button
- Wait for the scan to finish
- Upon completion, click either on “Updates details” or navigate to “Updates” tab
- If some software are outdated, you should get a list of actions to perform
Once the update downloaded, it should turn purple to notify it’s ready to be installed. Just click on “Install” button and follow the software installer.
At the end of installation, the item will turn green to tell it installed with success. After a new updates scan it won’t show up anymore.
In case the Download button is not present and you just have “Open official website”, it means no installation link was provided by the editor.
Thus, no easy update is available from UCheck, but still the software is monitored for new updates. To update such software, just click the “Open official website” button and download the update from editor’s website.
It is possible to install multiple updates at a time, without user interaction. To do so, select one or more items and click the “Update selected” button. Note: You need to run UCheck as administrator for this feature.
Some items have a warning icon and cannot be selected into a bulk update, because their installer offers 3rd party software (also called PUP/LPI, unwanted software). We don’t want you to be infected with such optional offers and as such we prevent theses programs to be run silently.
Windows Updates are critical when it comes to security. An outdated system leaves open bugs, waiting to be exploited. It’s very important to apply windows update as soon as possible when they are available.
UCheck comes with a software repository that we monitor for updates, but it’s not really useful if your machine is new and doesn’t have any software yet.
This is why we also provide the ability to install the software we monitor, in the same way as we do for updates. Just find the software you need, check them for selection and click “Next”.
Then, click “Install All” to install everything on your machine. Note: You need to run UCheck as administrator for this feature.
Last but not least, UCheck gives the ability to list installed software and uninstall them. To do so, navigate to the “Installed” tab, right click on a given program and choose “Uninstall”, then follow the uninstaller steps.
MANAGE CACHE (Premium TECH Only)
UCheck Premium Tech version comes with caching mechanisms, allowing to replicate the same update/installation on multiple machines without downloading the file every time.
COMMAND LINE (Premium TECH Only)
To automate and provide easier deployment on desktops, UCheck provides a command line interface. Here’s the list of available commands:
Those parameters are all independent (do not forget the ‘-‘ character).
-update (automatically update all applicable -those that can run silently- software)
-install [soft_key1] [soft_key2] … (automatically install the specified software, keys are listed below)
This is the list of software that UCheck monitors:
- 7-Zip: key: sevenzip
- AVG: key: AVG
- Adboe Flash NPAPI (Firefox): key: adobeflash_npapi
- Adlice PEViewer: key: roguekillerpe
- Adobe Air: key: adobeair
- Adobe Flash ActiveX (IE): key: adobeflash_activex
- Adobe Reader: key: adobereader
- Adobe Shockwave: key: adobeshockwave
- Avast: key: avast
- Avira: key: avira
- Bittorrent: key: bittorrent
- CCleaner: key: ccleaner
- CDBurnerXP: key: cdburnerxp
- CMake: key: cmake
- CrashDumpExtractor: key: cde
- Dropbox: key: dropbox
- FileZilla: key: filezilla
- Foxit Reader: key: foxitreader
- Gimp: key: gimp
- Google Chrome: key: chrome
- Google Drive: key: googledrive
- Greenshot: key: greenshot
- Hipchat: key: hipchat
- ITunes: key: itunes
- IcoFX: key: icofx
- Inno Setup: key: innosetup
- Java (JRE): key: java
- Libre Office: key: libreoffice
- Malwarebytes Anti-malware: key: malwarebytes-anti-malware
- Mediamonkey: key: mediamonkey
- MobaXTerm: key: mobaxterm
- Mozilla Firefox: key: firefox
- Mozilla Thunderbird: key: thunderbird
- Mp3tag: key: mp3tag
- Notepad++: key: notepadpp
- Open Office: key: openoffice
- Opera: key: opera
- PDF Creator: key: pdfcreator
- Paint.NET: key: paintdotnet
- Photofiltre: key: photofiltre
- Putty: key: putty
- Python 2: key: python2
- Python 3: key: python3
- RogueKiller: key: roguekiller
- Skype: key: skype
- SourceTree: key: sourcetree
- Sumatra PDF: key: sumatrapdf
- TeamViewer: key: teamviewer
- UTorrent: key: utorrent
- VLC: key: vlc
- VSCode: key: vscode
- Virtualbox: key: virtualbox
- Vuze Leap: key: vuze_leap
- Vuze: key: vuze
- WinRAR: key: winrar
- WinZip: key: winzip
- Winamp: key: winamp
- WindirStat: key: windirstat
- XnView: key: xnview