Malware Repository Framework (MRF) is a malware repository website, useful to manage your own malware zoo (for malware researchers mostly).
|License||Open Source (for private use), Premium|
|Operating System||Server (needs PHP, MySQL)|
|Tags||analysis automation database framework malware storage|
Based on Jquery-upload-file plugin, modified to handle a MySQL database.
MRF (Malware Repository Framework) is able to uniquely identify a sample (with HASH) and keep essential information (size, original name) into a database for quick search. MRF is also able to query Virus Total for a report on uploaded samples, and display the score on the dashboard (plus store the information in the database). You can also send tasks and retrieve results from a Cuckoo machine (optional, needs a cuckoo machine).
- Self-hosted solution (PHP/Mysql server needed).
- Can run on Synology NAS (with Web Station).
- REST API (submit, delete, update, get), with API Key.
- Authentication with modified UserCake.
- Users Rights management.
- VT results (unknown samples are uploaded).
- Cuckoo results (needs a properly configured and functional cuckoo machine).
- Samples ordered by descending date (limited to last 40 samples -by default-, with pagination).
- Search filters available.
- Vendor name is picked from VT results in that order: Microsoft, Kaspersky, Bitdefender, Malwarebytes.
- Vendor name can be edited.
- Can add comments on samples.
- Can add samples to favorites.
- Can add tags to samples.
- Can add urls to samples.
- Easy to customize, with only one config file to change.