Host and manage your own malware zoo
- Our rating
- Deployment Support
- Bug fixes
- Feature requests
- 20 hours/year
|License||Open Source (for private use), Premium|
|Operating System||Server (needs PHP, MySQL)|
|Tags||analysis automation database framework malware storage|
Description and Review
MRF (Malware Repository Framework) is an OPEN SOURCE framework able to centralize all your malware files into the same place, as well as offering file analysis and 3rd party scanners. The features are listed below:
Based on Jquery-upload-file plugin, modified to handle a MySQL database.
MRF (Malware Repository Framework) is able to uniquely identify a sample (with HASH) and keep essential information (size, original name) into a database for quick search. MRF is also able to query Virus Total for a report on uploaded samples, and display the score on the dashboard (plus store the information in the database). You can also send tasks and retrieve results from a Cuckoo machine (optional, needs a cuckoo machine).
- Self-hosted solution (PHP/Mysql server needed).
- Can run on Synology NAS (with Web Station).
- REST API (submit, delete, update, get), with API Key.
- Authentication with modified UserCake.
- Users Rights management.
- VT results (unknown samples are uploaded).
- Cuckoo results (needs a properly configured and functional cuckoo machine).
- Samples ordered by descending date (limited to last 40 samples -by default-, with pagination).
- Search filters available.
- Vendor name is picked from VT results in that order: Microsoft, Kaspersky, Bitdefender, Malwarebytes.
- Vendor name can be edited.
- Can add comments on samples.
- Can add samples to favorites.
- Can add tags to samples.
- Can add urls to samples.
- Easy to customize, with only one config file to change.
|Source Code (github)||Download|